Choices used to be limited with organic cosmetics and people shopping for various types of specialty lash enhancers such as oil free mascara, required for those employing the use of various falsies or even the more luxurious and expensive mink lashes by Minki Lashes were even more hard pressed to find appropriate products. Thankfully, these niche markets have expanded greatly and gone are the days of having to jump through hoop after hoop to find the best organic mascara products on the market. In fact, you can even find some of them at your local drugstore.
Bear in mind that while you might find paraben free cosmetics in your local store’s cosmetics aisle, that doesn’t necessarily mean that they are organic products, and you’ll have to watch out for creative labeling that can be deceiving such as “natural” and “pure.” To help you out, we’ve come up with this list of the 10 very best organic mascara options on the market available to help narrow your search and make finding a product that will not only mimic the look of semi permanent eyelash extensions, but also provide you with a safe and gentle formula:
- Reviva Labs Hypoallergenic Mascara – Superlash Black: Six bucks is about all you can expect to pay (at IHerb.com) for this all natural and organic lash enhancing formulation. It provides intense color and flake-free coverage along with added protection for your natural lashes that is safe for contact lens wearers.
- Physicians Formula Organic Wear Mascara: This best ranking product can be found at your local drug store and is reasonably priced and even comparably so to its non organic competitors. Offering dramatic lengthening and thickening, it’s a great choice even if you don’t care about ingredients (which you should as to avoid potential health issues and skin irritations)!
- Living Nature Thickening Mascara: If you’re looking for adding some plumpness, then you can’t go wrong with this organic and natural product. Promising to add thickness in just one layer, you won’t be sad about shelling out thirty bucks for this best performer. Rated 2 out of 10 (low health risk) by Skin Deep Cosmetics Database, with only one ingredient -citrus grandis (A.K.A. grapefruit seed extract) presenting moderate risk due to possible contamination concerns, Minki Lashes puts a stamp of approval on this best organic mascara contender in the higher price bracket category!
- Studio 78 Paris Double Effect Mascara – All Nighter: Boasting a brush that tops all others, this pick for best organic mascara under $30 combines a stellar formulation with the right tools in its delicate yet precise wand to provide great coverage and definition.
- Honeybee Gardens Mascara – Truly Natural: Likely one of the least expensive options for the best organic mascara, just about 8 dollar is all you need if you’re shopping online to pick up this silky and weightless lash enhancer. This natural formulation is also safe as per Skin Deep’s low risk mascara ingredients rating, and scores 3.9 stars out of 5 for end results.
- Ecco Bella Black Mascara: Water resistant yet still gentle, this vegan formula is ideal for people who have sensitive eyes yet still yearn for the style and definition of a truly exceptional lash product. With a minimum amount of ingredients, all considered as generally non-toxic, Ecco Bella is one of the most favorite natural mascara options on the market for paraben free cosmetics users. While some real users report that the black mascara might be a bit watery and with an old-school application wand, and not fully waterproof as claimed, this best organic mascara scored 4.2 out of 5 stars for customer satisfaction. The tube is available at IHerb.com for just under $15. And remember that you should never be using waterproof mascaras on your reusable Minki Lashes falsies made of authentic cruelty-free mink.
- 100 % Pure Fruit Pigmented Black Tea Mascara: Water and smudge resistant for those on the go, vegan formula is natural, gentle, safe and yet still effective. Adding length, drama and thickness to thin and lifeless lashes, you’ll feel like a rockstar with this delicious sounding and even more delicious smelling best organic mascara option for paraben free cosmetics. While the reviews are generally good (4 out of 5) with real users praising the fact that this mascara doesn’t flake or clump so it’s a perfect choice for those who prefer natural makeup looks, we at Minki Lashes find that the ingredient list that contains nearly 30 ingredients, including natural fragrance, is just a bit too unnecessary for a $25 organic makeup product. We prefer simplicity combined with great results because it is the most effective way to avoid potential irritations, allergies and other health issues.
- Green People Organic Cosmetics Mascara: Boasting sunflower oil and organic beeswax, this offering from Green People contains a lot of feel good and eco- friendly ingredients and no synthetic colorants. Yet it still provides lash definition, separation and lift that rivals that of its chemical laden counterparts. A recipient of the 2011 Natural Health Beauty Awards by Natural Health Magazine, this product is highly recommended by real users as the best organic mascara on the market for those seeking peace of mind.
- BareMinerals Flawless Definition Mascara: Extremely well reviewed by users and fans, this product from BareMinerals offers more than just adding a little fullness to your lashes, it also offers a clump and flake free formula that will keep your eyes looking fresh all day long.
- Physicians Formula Lash Boosting Organics: Another pick for best organic mascara from Physicians Formula. This similar although different drugstore product is able to provide maximum volume for runway ready eyes every single day you step out your door. Rated as better than some Sephora mascaras and with low to medium health risk by Skin Deep, you can’t go wrong with this organic bestie for about $10!